Kick-Ass Entrepreneurs. One woman’s desire to hear local entrepreneurs’ stories and share that experience with others started as a Meetup Group launched in January 2018. Since then Kick-Ass EntrepreneursTM of Santa Fe (KAESF) has grown to 480+ members and our monthly-ish Santa Fe-based Entrepreneur Story TimeTM events are consistently attended by 25-65+ local fans of entrepreneurship and entrepreneur ecosystem partners each month.
Our entrepreneur storytellers hail from across industries – from food to tech and from startups to multi-million- dollar moguls kicking ass for years. They generously share their insights and experiences so others can learn what it takes to make it in the Land of Enchantment and beyond. By leveraging the well-researched and documented power of storytelling, we’re helping to establish a truly engaged entrepreneur ecosystem for our community and we’d like to see that success spread across the state, and then the nation.
What makes KAESF’s Entrepreneur Story Time events unique?
• We provide Santa Fe entrepreneurs with an opportunity to share their story with an engaged audience of local fans, curious community members and potential partners.
• We ask our entrepreneurs to share beyond what they do and what you can read about online. No sales pitches, just stories.
• We engage entrepreneurs of all ages and stages and across industries.
• We ask our entrepreneur storytellers to be real – to share what it’s really like launching and growing a business in our community.
• We ask our entrepreneurs what worked for them – what resources and people helped them along the way, this way the audience can benefit from their experiences and these resources.
• We provide time for schmoozing a 1/2 hour before and after events, so those who come to hear stories get to mingle, meet and make friends with people with similar interests.
• We ask our storytellers to share what’s next for their entrepreneurial endeavor, leading to announcements about job openings, business expansions and relocations and providing an opportunity for interested audience members to share helpful info.
• We conclude each Entrepreneur Story Time with Q&A time, giving the audience a chance to get their questions answered, share their insights, or offer more helpful info.
• We put on events that are always different. By orchestrating events at different local bars and restaurants each month, we’re introducing our community to businesses they might not otherwise think to visit and support.
• We provide each event venue owner the opportunity to share their short story (up to 5 minutes), creating a community of fans more likely to come back and support these businesses again in the future.
• We craft creative monthly Entrepreneur Story Time announcements chock full of interesting tidbits and links to give our entrepreneurs, venues and sponsors recognition while providing them with links to share with their community of followers and fans.
• We post each Entrepreneur Story Time event on Meetup, Facebook, Instagram and our website
https://www.entrepreneurstorytime.com…, send out a Mailchimp newsletter to our subscribers, and post a minimum of 2 social media reminders leading up to each event.
• We regularly share entrepreneur-related info, events, opportunities and entrepreneur storyteller alumni wins on our Facebook Page.
We have a hell of a lot of fun while building social capital.
Our KAESF Entrepreneur Story Time Alumni Falling Colors (coming June 4, 2020) | B.PUBLIC (coming May 7, 2020) Simply Social Media | Parting Stone | Squash Blossom | OneForNeptune | TARTLE ITConnect | Bow Wow Haus | Verde Foods | Wander New Mexico | Xerb | HANGTIME NMCFO | Madre Foods | HoneyMoon Brewery | Dashing Delivery | Tall Foods | Flow Science Woodruff Scientific & SciVista | Fab Lab Hub | DeployHub | EMR-Bear | VIZZIA Technologies
Funding would help Kick-Ass Entrepreneurs pilot Entrepreneur Story TimeTM events within other NM communities, from small, rural towns to bigger cities – surveying, testing and refining along the way to improve its ability to succeed and deliver value in communities not just across the state, but across the country. If success can be proven within NM, then packaging KAE Entrepreneur Story Time in a model similar to the Kauffman Foundation’s 1 Million Cups would be the ultimate goal. For those unfamiliar with 1 Million Cups, it started in 2012 in Kansas City and is now a program of the Kauffman Foundation with weekly events…
This is the ABQ Business Podcast with your host Jason Rigby. Each week we interview leading business leaders to inspire the vision and the spirit that is in every entrepreneur. We discuss strengths, weakness, strategies, systems and the problems we can all solve together to fulfill a shared vision of a new future for Small Business.
Please go to www.abqpodcast.com where you can get show notes, resources ,and links to everything we talked about today to help you navigate your journey as an entrepreneur and business owner in ABQ. Follow me on Instagram at: @abqjasonrigby